|—||Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club (via fucklovedarling)|
|—||Ender’s Game Page 6 (via gateisdown)|
ENDER’S GAME TRAILER BREAKDOWN
5. Bugger/Formic Design
- I love that they chose an organic look for the bugger ships and base. It fits with the idea that they are insects. This is not a new concept (Star Trek, for instance, has had organic ships numerous times), but it’s a cool concept nonetheless.
- The base looks like an anthill. If you look closely, you can see the tunnels. The combination with blinking, anorganic human technology looks pretty neat. Can anyone make out what the functions of those human-made elements are?
- You can see the combination of formic and human technology in the second pic, too, including some more tunnels (this time lit). The structural element to Mazer’s left looks like a stretched piece of skin/other organic tissue. Awesome.
- Is the ship in the third picture the mother ship, carrying the queen? I hope not. In the book the queen’s ship doesn’t stand out. Mazer finds it because he observes the patterns of the other ships always moving so that that particular ship is protected.
- The look of the big ship looks somewhat cool, but I have few issues with it: 1.) I don’t see any logic in those tentacles. What are they good for in a space ship, organic or not? 2.) It looks too much like that equally illogical Romulan mining ship from Star Trek (2009).
- The last pic was obviously taken on Eros. It bothers me a bit that that rock in space seems to have an atmosphere, but I get that that was probably easier from a filmmaker’s point of view.
- The thing Ender and Petra are looking at seems to be a crashed formic ship. Is this the one Mazer destroyed? If so, does this mean that the big ship, which looks similar, is the queen’s ship after all? And can anyone remember this scene from the book? When is it set?
Questions, questions, questions. Hoping for some answers from fellow Ender’s Game fans.
The Fangirl Challenge | [1/15] Pairings | Rose Tyler & The 9th Doctor (Doctor Who)
Rose, before I go, I just want to tell you, you were fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. And you know what? So was I.